What fixes the broken... thoughts on Good Friday




I am repairing a Rosary. It belongs to my my father--my Daddy. Or, more rightly, I'm restringing it. The Rosary has these lovely olive wood beads. However, the metal findings connecting it all where not made of the best quality, and it fell apart. So new metal bits along with help of my pliers and wire snips to the rescue!

It feels like a very special thing to be working on a Rosary this last week of Lent, and especially this last day of Lent, Good Friday. Lent is a season that brings us closer to God through Christ. Through His LOVE, His Cross, His Way, Christ fixes the broken in us. From my own experience, I know this to be true. I was like this Rosary--scattered, in pieces. I was broken. A Rosary contains five decades of beads--50. It might take fifty years for all my broken bits to be healed. But Christ works on them, one at a time.

With each bead, I pray for my Daddy, and for my Momma--they who taught me about God and Christ. They taught me His ways--goodness, kindness, love and compassion. It is really only now, as an adult, that I appreciate more and more the gifts they taught me.

With each bead I pray for all who are broken and lost... that they may find their way back to Him.

Last week I came across this beautiful prayer, or part of a prayer, which is attributed to St. Patrick, and know as "The Breastplate of Saint Patrick"


Christ be with me, Christ within me
Christ behind me, Christ before me
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

Christ be ever with me!  

 Beautiful thoughts, a beautiful prayer on this day He gave Himself for me, for us...









P.S. the "background" I'm working on is a simple piece of felt. Felt is a nice soft surface to use while working with beads or doing jewelry-making, and helps beads & things from rolling away if scattered... or broken...

Comments

  1. a beautiful post and so topical Tracy, Ive never heard of that lovely prayer before, thank you so much for sharing it. Hope you mend the rosary soon too, it must be quite fiddly work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely timely posting. happiest and holiest of holidays to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like nice meditative work.
    Happy Easter~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Good Friday post! Very special and touching.
    I pray for you dear Tracy!
    Happy Easter celebrations for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tracy, I am all but without words. What a perfect project, a work of love, of healing. Sending Easter hugs and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful tracy.
    and now it will mean even more...
    because his daughter renewed it for him in love.
    XOXO♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter to you, Tracy! What a perfect thing to do on Good Friday. And your daddy will continue to treasure this rosary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely thing to do at this time of year. I would love to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful rosary, and how wonderful that it holds such deep and loving meaning for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful gift for your father Tracy, repairing this for him. I love rosaries, and have always wanted one. I bought a beautiful one for my father when I was in Lourdes. I should have bought one for myself. Love all of your beautiful thoughts on the broken. Sending you much love and hugs and wishing blessings upon you all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post, Tracy. My mother had a favorite rosary made out of some natural material like seeds. It made a pleasant sound whenever you held it. I am sure your father will appreciate dearly how you are bringing this rosary back to life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment